Saturday, December 03, 2005

radio broadcast

Well, I've had a humbling and exciting experience. My husband and I were contacted by a radio program to give our story of how we got back together. As I put in my profile, I just recently remarried my spouse who I was divorced from for 16 years. We are not proud of what happened, but rather ashamed of the hurt and mess that we caused each other and our families and friends. We sat down and worked out what we would communicate in the broadcast. It would have been easy to put the blame on others, and we have at times, but we decided to take the blame ourselves and admit what we did to destroy the marriage. It was difficult to make the broadcast because I have family living in the area and the broadcast is aired locally. Then we were asked to speak at a banquet after the taping of the broadcast and I told my husband ahead of time that it is always possible that we could run into someone that knows my family. And we did and it threw me, but they were gracious and I was very careful not to dishonor my family. Their one comment was that my family probably thinks that our marriage won't last and that is why we don't hear from them. That they don't believe it is real. All we know is what God has done in our lives. If it were up to us, we wouldn't even be remarried in the first place because without God, we are nothing. It was a very emotional thing for me to do and it was somewhat therapy for my husband and I to do this. I hope that anyone that hears the broadcast (which will be played back in 5 minute segments over a five days' time) will get something from it that will help them. Or at least be blessed with the miracle that God has performed in our lives thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home