Saturday, November 03, 2007

Alienation

Recently I have been studying PAS or Parental Alienation Syndrome. I have read three books lately that have helped me understand about my past. The Sociopath Next Door, The Cults Within Us, Adult children of Parental Alienation: Breaking the Ties that Bind. They were all very helpful. You cannot move on from the past until you understand it and learn from it. No part of your life is a mistake or should be discarded. Everything happens to us for a purpose..we just need to find it. I believe my purpose is to help others that are hurting. I was so incredibly hurt by others's actions and my own actions. Now I am trying to "put off" my old actions and establish new ways of interacting with people. It is hard at times, because my default is to act selfishly and how I acted for so many years. But that behavior got me divorced, morbidly obese, and almost dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger karen alonge said...

re: the comment you left on my blog www.advice-for-parents.com.

I tracked you down to honor you for the work you are doing to heal and forgive yourself from your past mistakes. It's a courageous act, and I salute you.

-karen

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home